On Saturday we drove about 20 minutes with our friends Katrina and Sam to a town called Frankenmuth. As you can probably tell from the name, Frankenmuth is a German inspired town with tons of imported German goods. Katrina and I made sure to visit just about every fudge store! Each year, the town becomes packed with visitors from all over the world for their annual "Snowfest". The most popular activities at Snowfest are the snow sculpting and ice carving contests. Team began working on Wednesday and were completed when we visited on Saturday. Here are some of our favorites:
5 comments:
It funn y how different your blog posts are now (picture-wise). I'm so use to seeing new beach pictures, warm weather, etc. Now it's the complete opposite. I love it. And those sculptures are amazing!!! It amazes me the talents that some people hold.
Wow! The sculptures are unbelievable!! I agree - it's funny to see snowy/wintery photos on your blog! How are you adjusting to the cold?
I love the cold actually. I don't enjoy using lotion everyday or Josh's snoring due to the dry air, but I like Michigan and I love the snow. Did you see the surfing frog!? That is "beachy"!!!
They remind me of some pictures of sand scultures that you see on the internet from time to time. Pretty amazing. It's too bad you are up in Michigan and not enjoying all the snow down here in Cincy.
We use to visit Frankenmuth every year to go to the Christmas store and of course the fudge store. It is an awesome little town. Those snow sculptures are amazing.
Post a Comment