Our drive to Michigan was full of Wintry weather and roughly 20 accidents. Several of the accidents required police, the fire department and ambulances. Others were more minor "oops I slipped off the road" accidents. Either way, this was probably the first road trip were we did not break the speed limit at one time or another. We estimated the trip taking roughly 5 1/2 - 6 hours but it took more than 8 hours.
I have noticed the people in Michigan are very friendly! Our landlord is amazing, customer service is excellent, and random people in stores will greet you as if you have met them before. Since we got here last night, I would estimate at least 5 people have given us a "longer than expected" smile and how are you?. Michigan residents appear to be happy people!
9 comments:
WOW, what a change from your apartment in Dominica. It looks so homey and inviting. Can't wait to visit. Too bad it's not for a longer stay. Just glad you guys arrived safe and sound.
Don't get too comfortable at Sam's. It's very difficult to exit that store without spending your monthly savings.
YEA - Green Apples! I laughed to myself when I saw them. enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :) p.s. where is the fountain drink of diet coke?!?!
Hi Kimi!! I actually removed my target fountain drink from the pictures!! I guess it would have been more accurate to keep it in the picture. How are you, the family, and the soon to be second child doing?! Are you guys still in Miami?
Looks great Krista. I'm glad we got to spend a little time with you and Josh while you were here.
Yesterday Denise used those canvas grocery bags you gave us for Christmas to bag her groceries. She loved them? She even said that she will never go back to using plastic. She will take a few each week to pick to chandler and charlie's droppings, but you will be happy to know we have taken one step closer to the "green" side.
Great place you have there. can't wait to visit
YEAH DENISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me very happy. I will confess, I also did take a few plastic bags so we can have liners for our trash cans but now I just use my reuseable bags. Also, when I used my bags at Meijer, I got 3 cents back for each reuseable bag I used. You guys should look more into that. Makes me very happy that I have made an impression :) It was great to see you guys too... you should definitely visit!!
cute apartment Krista- welcome back to the states!Hope you guys are doing well.
I love the dining room table!! And the green apples really give it a little something. I'm so glad that you're back in the US. Wish I could come out and see the new place in person but since I do have a baby coming soon I think pictures are going to have to be the way to go. Love it!!
So glad you're all safe & sound in your new home!
You're apartment looks great!
Post a Comment