Friday, January 23, 2009

Best Banana Bread EVER

I just had to share my new discovery. Typically, I am not a huge fan of banana bread unless it is saturated with chocolate chips. (I am my mother's daughter!) But I found the most amazing recipe which has changed my mind entirely. TRY IT... and let me know if you love it.

Banana Bread
1/3 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
8 oz sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cup flours
Walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into two greased 7 x 3 bread pans. (Don't use a large bread pan. The bread does not cook evenly in larger pans. And if you like chocolate chips, try at least one loaf without them. I LOVE chocolate chips in my banana bread but preferred the loaf without them.)
2. Bake at 300 degree for 1 hour.


ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

mapacupps said...

I've made this recipe (of course without the walnuts) and loved the taste but it didn't cook evenly. Your comment on the size of the pan makes sense. I will have to give it a second try. Thanks
I also prefer chocolate chips, but I think it is the sour cream that competes with the chips that makes it better without the chips.