Happy Inauguration Day!!!
I am so excited that this day has finally come. I got chills yesterday when I heard Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech. I am so grateful to witness this historical presidency. I just wish I could be in Washington DC!! If you have never watched Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech, I have attached it below. It is a full length version and runs roughly 17 minutes. He is so inspiring and I urge you to watch it especially today. "Free at last"

Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" Speech
3 comments:
Such a happy day.
Great speech, great day. Historical significance aside, I think all the enthusiasm and excitement about the inauguration and the new presidency is great because so much of the economy troubles right now (and high unemployment) is related to poor confidence. People are afraid for their jobs, so they don't spend money, which causes businesses to do poorly and people lose their jobs. It's a bad cycle that needs to be broken out of. So anyway... there is so much sentiment from the general public right now that things are going to get better under Obama (no pressure!), that now that he is finally president I think people will feel more confident that things will be okay and that confidence will boost spending and the economy, jobs, etc. I hope so.
It is an awesome change for our country. So many now look to the future with hope. I got to watch a lot of the proceedings today - what a day!
Post a Comment