Monday, December 29, 2008

Dominica, Ohio Christmas, Philly, and a Wonderful Wedding

These pictures are from our last night in Dominica. We ordered Chinese food to our very empty apartment and played cards with Andy and Courtney. We couldn't end the night and our time in Dominica without a photo shoot! We are a crazy bunch. We have had a very busy December. We moved away from our first home, we frantically shopped for last minute Christmas presents, winter clothes, and dress clothes for a wedding, played with little Rhaegan and Family. We had a wonderful Christmas in Ohio, even though there was no snow! Time flew by and before we knew it, we were on our way to Philadelphia. We made plans to meet up with Josh's Mom, Karen, in Philly for Friday evening and on Saturday morning before we went to a wedding. Jay, Josh's brother and his girlfriend were also able to join us. Karen booked us a room in a beautiful hotel in the city. A memorable part of the trip was waking up at 4am in the hotel to the fire alarm. Josh was in such a deep sleep that he woke up very disoriented and thought the hotel was being bombed! We joined the rest of the hotel guests in the lobby in our PJs for about an hour while the fire department determined that it was a false alarm. Aside from this fiasco, it was wonderful seeing Josh's mom. We wish we could spend more time with her. (hint hint!!) Next we headed towards Reading, PA for my college friend Kyle's wedding. I met Kyle my freshmen year at the University of Utah. He and his friend Jared decided to attend the U for a year and become ski bums! We lived in the same dorm and the first day we moved in, the three of us instantly became great friends. The wedding was held in their hometown, Fleetwood Pennsylvania. The church was still decorated for Christmas with Poinsettias and lights. It was a beautiful ceremony. The reception was held at a nearby ski resort. We had so much fun eating, dancing, and catching up with my dear friends. I really enjoyed finally meeting Kyle's and Jared's parents. Kyle and Lisa make such a cute couple. Apparently everyone knew that Kyle and Lisa were soul mates, except them. They have been friends since they were little kids. They adored each other when they were younger but always keep it at a friend level. I remember in Utah, Kyle asked me for advice as to whether or not he should ask Lisa out! He was afraid of ruining their friendship. I told him to quit being silly and to go for it. And here we are today!! (I don't take all the credit though :))




Me, Kyle and Lisa

Jared and Me

Now we are in Norwich visiting Josh's dad and friends from high school. It is really weird not driving to our old house. In fact, after I took a trip to Walmart I caught myself driving towards the house by habit. I ended up taking the long way to Josh's house so I could spy on the new owners.

Hope everyone has a very Happy New Years! Ours should be pretty low key here on the farm.

1 comment:

mapacupps said...

Great pictures and your dress looked gorgeous. Have a great time in Norwich (maybe visit a few branch friends) and hurry home. The house is very quite.