On Friday night, the Ross Spouses Organization held a Halloween Bash for all the Ross children. The kids here unfortunately have to miss out on traditional door to door trick or treating so the parents and teachers had to improvise. On Thursday, medical students were asked to purchase a small amount of candy so the kids could "trick or treat" around campus. The kids travelled from classroom to office collecting candy for any students and professor who decided to participate. Friday's activities consisted of candy fishing, a cake walk, and pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern. Naturally the cake walk was a HUGE success. I attempted to make a pumpkin shaped cake and mummy cupcakes. It was a solid effort, in my opinion, with the limited supplies I possessed! My 5 dollar cake decorating set ripped halfway through the frosting process so I used the only tape we own (electrical) and rapped it around the frosting pouch... very high class! You be the judge! (The picture makes it look more pathetic than it really was :))

I was surprised how many kids were in costume. With the limited amount of weight we can bring on the plane and the cost of shipping, a costume seems like one of the last things I would bring. I dressed up as a "wife in my husband's scrubs" and Courtney was a Vanderbilt fan. We are so creative aren't we?!

Josh has his second exam of the semester on Tuesday aka Election Day.
Wish him luck and
GO OBAMA :)
10 comments:
What a fun idea and the cake/cupcakes were darling. It's fun to be able to celebrate holidays from home. We had over 150 kids at our door trick-or-treating. A huge change from New York where we saw maybe 10 in 11 years.
150?? That is SOOO many... but your neighborhood is perfect for trick or treating.
We only had about 20 stop by our house. Our neighborhood is perfect, but i guess there just aren't that many kids in it, or I might smell or something. I think it is probably the first though.
GREAT JOB!! I'm proud of you for making halloween special for those little kids! Looks like fun!
How fun! Your cupcakes were so cute! Glad you got to celebrate Halloween! Your photos of the children are adorable! Can't wait for Tuesday!!!!!!
You're creative. I really don't like Halloween, usually just try to get through it with candy and costumes and being watchful the kids don't accidentally turn to any horror movies on (regular) cable during the month. My kids would love that kind of party stuff. I'm more of a Christmas lover, so they'll just have to settle for that. ;)
I'm with Jeanne - about to jump out of my skin with excitement for Tuesday. Yes we can!
I have faith!! :)
Go OBAMA! You are the perfect man for the job:) I am so excited for Wednesday morning, I can't stop smiling!!
How fun - and I love the cupcakes! :)
You can come here and make treates any time.My Little grand buddy was the best dressed around.
Tuesday night will be fun.
Post a Comment