Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grateful

I am grateful for a bunch of things this week but mostly for my super smart husband and for selling our car and TV!

Josh just got his grades back for his second test and he is doing better than he has ever done before. I am so proud of him and grateful that he is such a diligent focused student. I have had many people approach me and tell me how impressed they are with Josh's ability tune everyone and everything out and just study. Many other students will say they study all day long but that time also might include getting a snack, taking smoking breaks, talking with friends, 10 bathroom breaks, or even playing video games. Apparently, Josh walks into the library, sits down at his desk, and two seconds later he is already completely focused. I am really happy that he doesn't need me to motivate him to study... in fact he gets mad at me whenever I worry about him spending the evening with me instead of at the school. Josh is very in tune to his needs and when he has retained the information. Looks like he is going to be a doctor!

On another front, we sold the car and TV!! After over a month of advertising and with virtually no interest, we sold both in almost the same day!!!! As most of you know, our friends left us their car to use for our final semester which we would sell before we left in December. What was a very gracious offer ended up creating major migraines and costing lots of $$$. We priced the car fairly high at first because 1.) we didn't know what the demand for cars was, and 2.) we needed to try and cover the $700 US we personally invested in the vehicle. But when you are selling a 20 year old vehicle that requires importing parts from Europe for repairs, the interest is very low. Fortunately, I replied to an ad on valuemd.com. A guy in Roseau, who is attending the other medical school on the island; All Saints Medical, was looking for a car and he did not care about the appearance. SCORE :) My reply was honest and full of detail. I did not hold back about the string to open the trunk or the crack radiator repaired with epoxy. Luckily, my email did not deter him and after a trip to Roseau, we finalized the sale. We are SOOOOOOOOO relieved to have the red beast sold.

The TV is sold too! What a blessing. And now we can pay our last month's rent!!

2 comments:

mapacupps said...

That's awesome to have the monkey off your back, but what is Josh going to do without Sports Center?

Krista said...

I would never deprive Josh of sportscenter, the tv isn't available until we leave.