Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Aversion to Hair!

Warning: This blog discusses hair related situations so if you are like me and hate detached hair on your fingers, continue at your own risk!...

Yesterday, Josh and I decided to rearrange our bed. Josh has been having some problems with his allergies and eyes, which we are attributing to him sleeping directly in front of our window fan. So we decided to rotate our bed. This was also a good opportunity for us to inventory our canned goods, which we store under the bed, because we only have just over 4 months left. Once we starting moving the bed and cans, we found a layer of dust underneath the bed so thick we could barely see the floor... yuckie. (Probably another reason Josh can't breathe!) Of course the dust contained a good amount of hair. I was alright using a broom to sweep the floor. My aversion to hair really acted up when I decided to clean off the cans with a rag. Needless to say, hair on my hands is not my favorite thing in the world!

Most of you who know me, probably already know about my strong aversion to hair... especially hair that is long and on my fingers. In fact, when my parents came to visit us, my mom made sure to clean out her brush before she arrived! (I am not THAT neurotic!) However, when I would give our golden retriever a bath, I would use rubber gloves to avoid any contact with loose hair. Maybe I am that neurotic?! But my aversion is even more interesting, in my opinion. I can't clean out my own hairbrush. I have to bribe Josh to do it! I can't clean out the shower drain. Bribery again! And the most interesting part is that I am fully aware that most of this hair is mine. I am fine running my hands through my own hair. But as soon as that hair becomes detached from my head... gross!

I can however cut Josh's hair every 6 weeks. This is a situation where hair is all over my hands and clothing as well as on the floor. I have zero problem performing this task.

Conclusion: When I am in control of the hair and when it will come into contact with my hands, I can handle it. When loose hair, especially hairballs (so gross) touch me, not cool.

Am I normal?!


(Sorry for no pictures in this blog... I strongly feel that they are unnecessary!!!!)

5 comments:

mapacupps said...

You have never been normal! Sorry, thought you knew that. But that is gross to find that much hair and other stuff under your bed. Has it helped Josh's allergies to have the room cleaned? How many more days???

Kate said...

I did not know this about you! I am similar... I don't like to talk about hair or hear about how someone found a hair (especially in their food). I'm gagging just typing about it. I don't really mind cleaning out the drains... but DO NOT mention hair around me. ;) In fact, I read the title of this post a few days ago and couldn't even bring myself to read what the post was about for a few days because I thought it was going to be some gross hair story. (And it kind of was!)

Karen said...

The hair story was kind of disgusting. Interesting that you can cut Josh's hair and it doesn't bother you. I wouldn't want to clean hair out of the drain either - especially when it's wet and slimy from the drain.

Kendall said...

Ok...I am laughing so hard. I love that entry. Shae is sitting in the kitchen totally making fun of me because i am laughing out loud. i miss your aversion to hair episodes. I actually forgot about them so now in 35 days i am going to have some fun with you (and maybe your cafe Rio food). Love you

Krista said...

Kendall... you took it too far. Don't you DARE mess with my Cafe Rio. That is an unforgivable action. Also, remember that I know you too and pay back is much worse!!!