So about two weeks ago, I spent the entire morning and afternoon clearing out our cupboards and inspecting. What I discovered was disgusting; three boxes of lasagna noodles infested with around 300 weevils, a box of ziti noodles filled with lovely black pests, and several packages of spaghetti noodles destroyed. GRRRR. You don't mess with my precious noodles!
I immediately removed the infested food products from the apartment and washed out the cabinets. My parents suggested putting spearmint gum into the flour and noodles. I took their advice and even placed sticks of gum throughout the cupboards!
OH WAS I WRONG.
This morning, I found more infested noodles. UGGGGHHHH!!! Stupid Stupid Weevils. Altogether, I have probably thrown away around 40 dollars worth of food, mostly noodles.
Right now, I need a fountain diet coke with extra extra ice, some chocolate, cafe rio, and some of that delicious roast that my mom is making on the vacation I am missing for the first time in 10 years. What a morning!!
6 comments:
Great weather at the beach this year.
That is the PITS!! Sorry the gum trick didn't work. You might have to take all new purchased pasta, put the gum in the box, leave the box open outside on your deck and the weevils will leave. Just think of it as good source of protein. YUCK!
Krista, I am so sorry!! We have had problems too :(!!! If you need chocolate you know where I am!!!
It's kind of funny that they're called Weevils because that names makes them sound kind of cute (okay just kidding). Go buy some plastic bins (do they sell those there?). I have no other advice to give you except maybe just start keeping them as pets!
About the roller coaster...it didn't go that fast and she was strapped in right next to me. You are so cute worrying about little Rhae Rhae. Remember you get to have Cafe Rio in 43 days!!! take that Weevils!
yuck. yuck. yuck. You don't deserve this infestation. I suggest keeping all of your food outside the cupboards for a couple days so you can see where the nasty creatures are coming from. I had a bag of split peas that had more weevils than peas in it first semester. Ever since, I keep food I got from stores in Dominica in separate containers or in the freezer.
I hate weevils too. That's SO annoying for you. I hope you get the situation under control. I'm sad for you to have to lose all of that food.
Do they have Cafe Rio in Ohio? I'm confused about Kendall's comment...
Post a Comment