Ross students had today off so the boys decided to go hunting. Last week, Josh and Adriano went snorkeling / spear gun hunting around 5 pm. The ocean seemed to come alive at that time making the snorkeling incredible. While they were swimming around, Josh and Adriano spotted a giant octopus. The boys claim the tentacles would stretch wider than their arm span. They tried stabbing the octopus with the spear gun. The octopus was naturally angered by this intrusion and grabbed the spear gun. The sand colored creature instantly transformed its skin into a bright white and electric blue color... intimidation maybe? This octopus was not giving up without a fight. It took the boys tugging and fighting for over three minutes until the octopus finally released the gun.
Naturally, they became determined to find this octopus again. So today, about 10 minutes after they geared up, they had a present for me! This is not the same octopus but still impressive. (Especially since the gun isn't functional. The gun is just a spear until the part arrives.)
GROSS! 
The octopus would not let go of spear gun. They boys had to use a stick to get the octopus to release its tentacles from the gun. Poor guy!
We finished the day by cooking the catch of the day. I even tried the octopus. Very chewy but I was able to keep it down!

3 comments:
Kind of gross, but mostly totally cool. That husband of yours is so studly. :)
I'm sure dad is jealous. What fun, but it would have grossed me out. I'm sure you would have preferred Cafe Rio over the rubber.
My goodness!!! You are experiencing so many things that people only dream of. I can't believe all of these great stories. Keep them coming. And Kate is right...your husband is pretty studly.
Post a Comment