Saturday, June 6, 2009

The life of a doctor's wife

More and more I am beginning to feel like the wife of a doctor. The long hours and the nerdy jokes. I am alone most of the day which is starting to weigh on me, especially when I am no closer to discovering what I want to do with my life! I am use to seeing Josh all the time or at least have other spouses I can relate with. But it isn't all bad! Last night we experienced the first "perk" of being in the medical profession. We were invited to attend a celebration for all of the graduating Residency at Good Samaritan Hospital (the hospital Josh is doing his rotation with). The dress code for the event was sport jackets and dresses. We even bought Josh his first suit especially for this evening. I found a nice dress at Target for $20 bucks, what a steal! We had a really nice evening. My favorite part was the dessert buffet with endless strawberries and whipped cream, pastries, cake, eclairs, and more. I was in hog heaven.
This is Josh and his first Resident, Nabil Zeinah. Josh loved working with him. Greg and Josh having a grand old time

9 comments:

Kendall said...

You look so good in that dress. I love getting dressed up for special occassions.

Colleen Noble said...

you guys look great...yippee for a fun night out!

Anonymous said...

What he decides to specialize in will make a big difference on how much you see him later. For example, dermatologists rarely get called in the middle of the night or the weekend. Not too many emergencies there. But general practice doctors or obstetricians get a lot of bad hours and weekend calls.

mapacupps said...

You guys look great. Josh really looks good in a suit and your dress is darling. I would have never guessed it was a Target.

Mikaela said...

looks fun and the dress is very cute!

Nicholas Cupps said...

Maybe you should take Josh shoe shopping and get that boy some heals. ;) Looks like you had a fun evening. Just a few more weeks until the beach!!!!

Karen said...

Both of you look really great! The new dress and suit are nice. Enjoy the perks when you can.

Brett and Kellie Burtenshaw said...

Krista! you look so chic in that dress! I can't believe it was only 20! You are ahead of me though I don't even have a bechelors yet! you confirmed my fears.... I keep thinking something gotta give life is so good right now. I see Brett all day I can sit by him while he studies and everything.... I guess 5th and rotations are not the same story huh? You look very happy though! I am so glad you guys are ahead of us... it's nice to kinda go into it with an idea of what to expect. Josh looks great as well!

leigh said...

twenty bucks?! Well you look like a hundred bucks in it! Ya'll make such a good couple. We are loving saginaw. The weather's great and there is so much to see. When are you guys headed back here? Hopefully we will get to have you over before we leave for UTah in mid august. Take care doctor's wife!