Right now, we are in the middle of a category 3 Hurricane Omar. The Prime Minister posted an advisory this morning stated that all businesses must close, people should return to their homes, and everyone should avoid the sea. Since we have lived in Dominica, today is the first day the Ross Campus has been closed. Our water is disgustingly brown, our cable is out, but luckily we still have power and Internet! Josh and I are both tempted to avoid the advisory and take a swim in the 10 foot waves but we agree that is probably a poor decision! (even though last time was so much fun!)
Find the black circle
Josh and I decided to explore the beaches instead of swimming to our death. The waves are incredibly violent and the pier by the school is virtually completely destroyed.
This is what the pier use to look like and how calm the water usually is!!
Enjoy your Thursday!
4 comments:
I totally think you should go swimming. you that's what we'd be doing in NC so why not do in in Dominica?
yeah but there are hospitals in NC... not so much here!!
You girls are nuts. But those waves do look fun. I can't believe the pier. Will it get fixed soon?
I doubt the pier will be fixed before we leave.
Post a Comment