Today, Josh is in Roseau doing 1 of 2 hospital rotations for the semester. He left at about 7:30am and he probably won't return until 5 or 6pm. Now for most of you, this is probably a fairly typical day for you and your spouse. (or boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever!) However, Josh and I usually don't spend more than a few hours apart at any one time. Even when he is studying for an exam, he will at least come home for meals and rarely ever leaves after dinner. I am even fortunate enough to see Josh more than the average couple sees each other here in Dominica. Several wives will say goodbye to their husband in the morning and are asleep before their husband returns at night.
Lately I have been counting the days until we return to the states. And although I am still anxious for that day to come, I am trying to think about how lucky we are too have this quality time together now. We are able to learn so much about one another and really develop our relationship before we return to the states and Josh becomes increasingly busy with school, board exams, rotations, more exams, residency, more exams, and finally specializing in his field of choice and I finish my MBA and become the bread winner for a few years!
1 comment:
You are right, enjoy it while it lasts. But we are excited to have you guys closer.
Post a Comment