Josh: Krista, do you smell that?
Me: No. What do you smell?
Josh: Death. I think something died under our bed....
Now for those of you who don't know, we are currently using our bed as a "food storage". We have aligned most of the 100+ canned goods we shipped down here under the bed so I could just lay down and find peaches fairly easily. Thus our dilemma. If something did die under our bed, how would we find it through all the cans? Or maybe it is our cans....?!?! Josh leaned over the bed to take a swift and just about passed out from the aroma. Luckily our bed is on wheels making it easy to slide the bed out far enough for Josh to uncover the mystery.....
Not one but TWO can of TUNA had been pierced on the journey here and needless to say, decaying had commenced! It was the most awful smell I have ever smelt. Josh was close to dry-heaving and he grew up on a farm. I guess we can be grateful we caught it when we did.
Aside from the decaying seafood under our bed, things are great here. We are really enjoying the weather at this time of the year. We are beginning to forget how unbearable the heat is in the summer. Tonight, I was actually a little "chilly" walking home. And Josh didn't sweat one single drop! WEIRD! Hopefully we can have a few more months of comfortable weather before the Caribbean sun bakes us to a crisp!
2 comments:
Awful! I have a really sensitive nose, and that "death" smell is horrible. HORRIBLE. So glad you found it.
My sister Jamie & her hubs are in the Caribbean for a week right now. They say it's been pretty warm.
Fish smell is bad enough but rotten fish smell is the worst. Throw-up smells like roses compared to that! Hope the next barrel has better luck.
Post a Comment