Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our First Thanksgiving



Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple
turned out better than expected. We were fortunate to find almost every Thanksgiving favorite here on the island. Courtney and I split the responsibilities. I took the stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie. It was so nerve-racking making a once a year meal. This pumpkin pie was the first pie I have ever made, aside from home and careers in school. I took an hour delicately handling the crust. I was so proud of how great the pies turned out. The stuffing and rolls were not quite as great as my mom's but I am sure with time and experience, I can improve!






Overall, it was a wonderful first Thanksgiving together. It was one of the best meals we have had here in Dominica.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can come to utah next year and cook for kathy and me. Looks like you guys are happy. Kenneth

mapacupps said...

It looks like all of my exhausting efforts to teach you cooking stills paid off. I am so proud! But now you know you will have the Christmas dinner duties. Can't wait for you guys to be home.
Mom

Mikaela said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving. It was our first as well, and I felt the anxiety of preparing such a meal! Looks like your pies were great! Erik and I recently started a blog, so I just wanted to say hello. Hope you are well!