Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jungle Bay Weekend















Josh and I just returned from the most relaxing pseudo-honeymoon weekend ever! Jungle Bay Resort is located approximately 2 hours from Portsmouth on the Atlantic side of the island. We were picked up at 9am on Friday morning with our friends Courtney and Andy for 3 days and 2 nights of pure, natural deliciousness. Our activities included lounging by the pool, eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, playing monopoly in our lovely cottage, a massage with real ocean sounds!, laying in our deck hammock which overlooked the ocean and hiking to Victoria Falls, one of the largest waterfall in Dominica. The cottages at Jungle Bay are built on the side of the mountain so you have a clear view to the ocean. They also contain a king size bed which is an incredible upgrade from our full size bed. And Courtney and Andy were so thoughtful to send us a gift basket to our cottage in celebration of our belated honeymoon. (We love you guys!!!)

Overall, this was an amazingly necessary break from medical school life. It was the first time Josh has left the area between the university and our apartment so I think he was truly in heaven. We would recommend this resort for anyone who visits the island.












































Victoria Falls







































3 comments:

Kendall said...

I am officially the most jealous person on earth. The place looks absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you have a great weekend and now I know why you haven't called me for like a week. Love you!!!

mapacupps said...

I'm trying to decide which honeymoon wins: yours in the jungle or dad's and mine at Disneyland???? Well I can write those things on a public blog.

mapacupps said...

I meant I can't write those things on a public blog.