Sunday, September 6, 2009

My how they grow!

Rowdy and Snarky are growing so rapidly it is hard to keep up! This past week, I took them to their first vet appointment. Both have doubled in size since we got them 4 weeks ago! Snarky is a fatty, weighing in at 14.2 lbs and Rowdy is slowly catching up weighing 12.9 lbs. CRAZY how fast they grow.

Rowdy and Snarky
Rowdy is a very sensitive and charming puppy. I feel terrible after having to tell him "No" because he will walk away, hide, and pout. He is usually super obedient except when he is fixated on killing and barking at his sister. Rowdy will be a very loyal dog. Snarky is a very pretty girl with many adorable qualities. She has a funny obsession with drinking water. She will literally drink until she throws up and will refuse to eat food until she can gorge herself on water first. Although cute most of the time, Snarky is also the definition of a female dog... yes that's right, a bitch! She is sooo stubborn. For example: At every meal time, we have the pups sit down and wait for us to provide their food. (this technique was recommended to us by several dog owners as a way to reinforce our dominance over the dogs). Well, both dogs are very obedient at sitting and waiting for us to deliver their meal. Rowdy will immediately begin devouring his food while Snarky will look at the food, walk off and do whatever she wants until she feels like eating. This is usually only a couple of minutes but I think it is just another way she is trying to establish her dominance.

But aren't they cute!!

6 comments:

Kendall said...

They are getting so big. I love them both already even though I have never met them. Are you bringing them to Mom and Dad's for Christmas?

Kate said...

I loved reading about them! They look like they've probably outgrown Charlie! That cracks me up about Miss Snarky and her attitude. Must be the name. ;) They are too cute.

mapacupps said...

It is amazing that I actually miss having them here. Not enough though to get one of my own. It will be fun to see them again in a few weeks.

Nicholas Cupps said...

Love those pictures. Keep them coming. I wish I could come up and see you guys again. Hopefully I will get up there before long. Rowdy is still a little puff ball. Looks way too much like Cody.

Anonymous said...

Aww... pictures of the kids. ;)

Colleen Noble said...

I love the snuggly pictures!