Friday, May 22, 2009

First trip to Washington DC

Our first trip to Washington DC as Maryland residents was a cold and rainy one. But we loved every minute! 1 trip down, at least 4 more to go :)
Our friends Sam and Katrina are arriving today. Washington DC is definitely on our to-do list since Michigan is as far east as either of them have been. My to-do list also consists of having lunch with President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. (Totally possible!!)

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend.

5 comments:

Kate said...

How fun to live so close to DC. I have regrets about not visiting some places that weren't too far from Toledo when we were living there... and now we're so far away and missed the opportunity. So take advantage while you don't have any kids tying you down!
And I know I'm coming in late on the conversation, but I LOVE those Lorna Doone packs. They are yummy.

mapacupps said...

You sure don't let grass grow under your feet. I'm glad you guys are trying to see as much as you can while you are there. Find the hospital I was born in!

Anonymous said...

Kent and I took a vacation to D.C. the summer after we got married and I think it is probably my favorite trip we have been on. We totally baked in July, so that wasn't fun, but so much to see there. Lots of fun. :)

Nicholas Cupps said...

Wish I could have been there. Hope you and Josh are doing well and we can't wait to see you at the beach this year.

Jeanne said...

Be sure & give Michelle and Barack my best!