My birthday was a blast. We had dinner with friends the night before (which is a common occurrence since my birthday is on Valentine's day). After dinner everyone came back to our place for cake and ice cream. Guess where we got the cake from? JOSH MADE IT!! It was so much fun watching him bake. I kind of wish I had taken a video now. And the cake was delicious, I am a proud wife.
I forgot to take a picture of the cake before we dug in.
Josh also had flowers delivered. They still smell fantastic.
On my birthday morning, Josh made me wait in the bathroom for a few minutes. I could hear him scurrying around the apartment. It had planned a scavenger hunt for me, which I love!! (Every year my dad always does a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning and it is one of the highlights of the day). He told me to start looking and I quickly found a Toblerone on the DVD player. I was super excited about this gift! He told me to keep looking. Josh has hid about 6 different kinds of chocolates and a card. What a great way to start the morning... eating chocolate! The weirdest part is Josh and I bought each other almost identical Valentine's cards. Obviously his was for "my wife" and mine was for "my husband" but the characters, words, and theme were almost identical. We agree we need to hang out with other people :)

We have gotten into playing street hockey with our other friends in the complex. The boys were throwing the football around one warm afternoon and suddenly came up with this genius idea to buy hockey sticks. Of course, Katrina and I thought they were silly and that hockey sticks would be a waste of money. But street hockey has turned out to be a lot of fun and quite the workout! 
5 comments:
What a fun day and a great husband. I posted a birthday blog, but the date got screwed up and posted before Tyson's birthday. Sorry, I really did send a tribute to you on your happy day. Love you
Tell Josh way to go!! The cake looked delicious. Did you help him at all? Come on tell the truth. I can't wait to see you. It's only 2 more weeks!!!! Hope you're ready for some major partying (with a 3 year old and a newborn). It's going to be great.
I didn't give him any help. Honestly. In fact, I started putting my two cents in and he quickly booted me out of the kitchen. He followed the instructions exactly. I am excited to party with a 3 year old and newborn. Sounds crazy!! And mom, ,I saw your tribute to me. Thanks!
WHat a sweet husband you've got - well done Krista! I loved the photos of you as a little girl on your Mom's blog. Glad your day was good one! And yes, it's snowing!!!
Sounds like a great birthday! Way to go Josh...looked like a great cake. You're so sweet to make your beautiful wife a birthday cake. I'm so proud of you!!
Love you both!!!
Post a Comment