Sunday, September 28, 2008

Visit to Ohio

If you don't know, I have been Ohio visiting my parents for the past 2 weeks. They recently moved to Cincinnati for my dad's job. I was born in Ohio and moved to New York when I was 12 years old. So I have a special place in my heart for Ohio.

Here are some of the few pictures I took:
Some of the highlights of the trip include: the food, the food and the food, driving my car, going to an amusement park with the family, seeing my dad's face go completely white with terror as we dropped 200+ feet on Drop Tower (at King's Island Amusement Park), eating lots of ice cream, Skyline Chili, homemade food, our attempt to make Cafe Rio, REAL MILK, fountain diet coke, and so much more.
It was really nice to have a break from island life but I have to say, I was happy to come home. Josh and I haven't been apart that long since I was in Kenya for two months (pre-marriage). Also, I kind of missed island life! I think because it is ours... this is our first home together and I wasn't able to enjoy being home as much without Josh there. Every time I took a bit of a delicious hamburger or pot roast I felt like I was cheating on Josh!!!

4 comments:

mapacupps said...

We loved having you home, but it would have been fun to have Josh here as well. It is sure quiet with everyone gone! Counting the days until Christmas.

Kate said...

Cute pictures! We're so glad you could go "home." The house sure looks pretty from the outside. We hope to get there someday. I'm glad you got to eat so much yummy food. Too bad your awesome plan for a fresh Cafe Rio burrito was ruined by a change in Kendall's flight plans! But I'm glad you attempted to make it. How did it turn out? All this talk about Cafe Rio... we'll have to go there this week...
Our exciting news is that they opened a QDoba pretty close by. Q took us there as a surprise on Fridday night. It was yummy... but I'd rather have Cafe Rio any day. Have you ever heard Sam say it? He says "Caferito."
ANYWAY... glad you're back with Josh. Hope you are well.

Nicholas Cupps said...

It was really nice seeing you. Too bad Josh couldn't make it. Looking forward to seeing you both for the holidays

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

I love the pictures how cute!! Glad you got a break from island life. . . i understand the whole missing island life . . . that was home for a year and a half even though it can be tough. Hey I Hope you went to Target a lot and drank a lot of fountain diet coke! Good luck this semester.