Saturday, February 9, 2008

Awesome haircut & Delicious Lasagna!

Everyday is a constant battle between me, my hair and my brush. I would dread dealing with my hair after a shower because our hard water makes brushing through my knotted hair impossible. I started using way too much conditioner just to make my life a little easier. I would also lose clumps of hair everyday, which for those of you who know me know I hate hate hate hair!! ( I use to bathe our dog, Cody, with rubber gloves because wet hair on my fingers makes me dry-heave! ) So on Thursday I said "enough is enough" and cut off about 6 inches! It was the best decision I ever made!! No more headaches. Tonight we are having Courtney and Andy over for lasagna. I found cottage cheese the first week we were back from break and I have been using it only for lasagna. I bought 3 containers for about 5 dollars each. Yes it is very expensive for cottage cheese. Next time you are at the store, be grateful cottage cheese will only cost you about $1.50! But it is such a small price to pay since it is Josh's favorite food. I have made one already and it was delicious. So we invited Courtney and Andy over to share the goodness! Doesn't the lasagna look YUMMY! I am so proud of myself. Stoffers doesn't have anything on me!!! (just kidding, i miss stoffers lasagna)
Nothing else is new with us. Josh has his first exam a week from Monday. So I am trying to be a good wife beny couraging his studying. He is fortunately very self motivated. On Valentines day, and my birthday (cough cough!!), we are going to a restaurant about 30 minutes away called Sunset with Courtney and Andy. It has some of the best food on the island. I will take lots of pictures!

Have a great weekend everyone! Much love from Dominica.

5 comments:

mapacupps said...

I love the haircut. Did you do it or have it done? The lasagna looks delicious!

Krista said...

There is a Canadian lady that cuts hair here. Cost about 18 buck!

Kate said...

CUTE hair!!!!!! SO SO SO cute. And we had lasagna tonight too. Our's was Stouffers, though. ;)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Great haircut. I would love some lasagna right now...it looks really good.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIA!!
I like the haircut, too :)
I'll send a "catch up" e-mail tomorrow.
Did you see my first posting on Facebook? I had to use Rusty's after A LOT of begging!!
Hope you had an awesome B-Day
Love,
Terri