Have you ever had a week where everything just seems to go perfectly?! Well we were definitely a lucky couple this week.
1. First and foremost, we acquired our "dream" apartment, which we expected to be an impossible quest. Our current apartment has been satisfactory especially since we secured it based on a few Internet photos. Our landlord has been the worst part of our stay. She never returns my calls but if Josh calls she picks up right away. (what a sexist!) When things would break, it took a lot of time and nagging to get the job taken care of. But really we just need a little more space. For as much time as I spend in the apartment, 200-300 square feet can make a person claustrophobic. So we began our hunt for a new apartment. If we moved further away from campus, we could afford a much bigger place. But Josh and I knew we wouldn't go to the gym as frequently and Josh likes being able to come home whenever he needs. So our goal was to find an apartment which fit our financial constraints, location requirements and a few other specific amenities. We finally found our "dream" apartment. King size bed, large fridge, real furniture, OCEAN VIEW, walk in closet, etc. It was love at first sight! But unfortunately, is was fully occupied and there was a waiting list. YUCK. We know about half of the tenants in the building because of Josh's schooling in Miami so they all promised to put in a good word with the landlord. But we didn't hear much so we lost hope for this coming semester and just prayed something would open up for May. Then we got a phone call from one of Josh's friends saying she put in a good word with the landlord and we have the apartment!!!! WHOOP WHOOP. We went the next day and signed the lease. What a blessing.
2. On a slightly more private note but still a big blessing at this point in our life... I received some very very important medication in the mail on the same day that I ran out. I had look everywhere on the island for this brand of medication. I tried to bring as much with me but as everyone probably knows, insurance companies rarely give more than a month's dosage at a time. So Josh's mom was kind enough to send me some medicine. We were worried about the package not arriving in time, since Dominica mail is not the most reliable. But to our surprise, I received the medicine at exactly the right time. Blessing number dos!
3. I quit my job last week because of some issues I was having and it has turned out to be a blessing too. I am less stressed, I sleep better, and I don't fight as much with Josh!! We will miss the extra income and food for Josh but it wasn't worth how unhappy the job was making me. I have been able to go to the beach and read or listen to music. I have time to be a wife again. And now I can be ready to focus of starting my MBA in January. Blessing number 3!
4. We leave for Christmas in less than a week!!
"The most wonderful time of the year!"

2 comments:
Isn't it amazing what a little prayer will do? We are counting the days (5)!!!! Can't wait to see you guys.
I'm so happy for all of your blessings.
Post a Comment